Facts About Isis
1.I love soft music. Nicole calls it boring, but I call it inspirational. My favorite artists are alt-J, Mumford & Sons (occasionally soft), Daughter, Iron & Wine, Fleet Foxes, Birdy, and The Oh Hellos.
2. I’m an English major. Just graduated college. And even though I hated most of it, I miss it already. Story of my life.
3. Dumb & Dumber is one of my favorite movies of all time. Yep, not some smart, clever, Oscar-nominated film. It’s that stupid movie that’s poorly written and sort of offensive. I can’t get enough of it.
4. I’m still obsessed with the Captive Prince series. Why? I don’t know. But it’s a thing and I’m stuck with it forever, I guess.
5. Misha Collins is my favorite celebrity. I’ve put myself out there plenty of times because of him. Screw normalcy. I love everything he stands for. I think he’s pure and kind and beautiful. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and I even got to speak with him on the phone. He’s just all around charming.
6. I took four years of French in high school, and all I know how to say is “Je voudrais un jus d’orange, s’il vous plait” which means “I would like an orange juice, please.” I also know how to say “mon coeur ne bat que pour toi” which means “my heart beats only for you.” So yeah, I suck at French, but I’d love to learn it for real some time in the future.
7. I was born in Mexico. But sometimes I don’t feel Mexican enough. I know that there’s no requirements to being Mexican, but it’s a struggle. I’ll keep working on it. Either way, love being Mexican. I’m proud of it, and my country, and my brown skin.
8. I have two dogs named Shrek and Fiona, and they are not, and have never been, in love. I’m pretty sure they’re both gay.
9. Death freaks me out. Big time.
10. I’m pansexual. I hated labels before, but this one fits me like a glove. I read about a pansexual character in a story before, and the way he was described just perfectly made me sob from joy. Representation is so important.
11. Stitch is my favorite Disney character. (Moana is right up there with him, though).
12. I don’t know how to swim.
13. I still read fan-fiction. I find it comforting. I seriously appreciate the talented fic writers out there. They’ve gotten me through so much.
14. My favorite color is mint green.
15. I’m really into fiction books featuring sheriffs, actors, and/or professors. If there’s a character who fits any of these roles, there’s a big chance I’m already in love with them.
16. Iron Man used to be my favorite superhero, but after seeing Wonder Woman, he’s second place now.
17. I re-read books, and I re-watch shows and movies because I have a really short attention span and I never catch everything the first time. But when I revisit them it’s like experiencing them for the first time. I love it.
18. I love miniatures. Anything that’s tiny makes me so happy.
19. The Office is my favorite show. I’ve seen it so many times. But I don’t like seasons 8 and 9. I’ve seen them, but only one time. The first 7 seasons were amazing, and I’ve re-watched them soooo many times.
20. The only sport I like is soccer. I love watching the World Cup, and I always root for Mexico even though they never win. Guillermo Ochoa is bae.
Facts About Nicole:
1. I find it really hard to sit through movies or shows without doing something else. I also find myself checking my phone or talking or doing something else while watching.
2. I love flowers and plants. Someday I want a huge garden for a backyard.
3. I have an Associates of Arts degree. I don’t know if I’ll ever continue on to get a Bachelor’s degree, but it’s a possibility.
4. In September, I’ll be with my boyfriend for five years. I’ve been with him since I was 18.
5. Most nights I have a hard time falling asleep. I usually have to be watching a video for hours to even get tired.
6. Thunder by Imagine Dragons is my favorite song at the moment. I really like their new album.
7. The house I grew up in was pink.
8. Most of the time I complain about living in Texas with how conservative it is, but I have a hard time picturing living anywhere else. Texas has always been my home.
9. I love documentaries, and nonfiction books. When the voice over, or writing isn’t dry then I really love learning new information.
10. I have depression. I’m currently in therapy and taking antidepressants. It took me years to seek help, but I’m glad I have even though it’s still hard most days.
11. Recently, I’ve gotten a lot more into video games. I’m not that good at them, but they’re fun. Some of my favorites are Mass Effect and The Walking Dead. I’m playing Bioshock right now.
12. I love swimming though I don’t get to do it as much anymore.
13. I’m doing NaNoWriMo again this month, and sticking with a standard 50K goal. Even though in April I couldn’t make it to 10K. I like setting myself up for failure I guess.
14. I have a soft, “baby” voice that people always feel the need to comment on. I hate it.
15. I’m a Ravenclaw.
16. I enjoy doing face masks a lot.
17. My favorite color is a deep plum though any purple is beautiful.
18. Grapes are my favorite fruit.
19. I want to start making my own video game.
20. I’m really bad at riding a bike. I have bad balance, and I freak out anytime someone is near me.