This tag was created by Ariel Bissett over on YouTube. It sounds fun, so we decided to do it.
If you were the Ruler of Books…
1. What book would you make everyone read?
Isis: Since I already do this, my answer has to be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz.
Nicole: Wonder by R.J. Palacio.
2. What would you abolish in book construction?
Isis: Books with font way too small. You’re not doing anyone any favors.
Nicole: When the paper is too thin or too thick. There should only be one size.
3. What author would you commission to write you any book?
Isis: I’m having a hard time choosing between Benjamin Alire Saenz and Rainbow Rowell. They are both incredible writers, and I trust them both. I can’t choose. I’ll have to pick both. Co-writers are cool, am I right?
Nicole: Victoria Schwab.
4. What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?
Isis: I’m going to have to go with Fifty Shades of Grey because I know the author is not the nicest person, and really, there is so much better fiction to be discovered.
Nicole: A Clockwork Orange.
5. What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?
Isis: The artist who made the covers for the U.S. Harry Potter editions.
Nicole: Kazu Kibuishi.
6. What characters face would you put on a coin?
Isis: Prince Robot IV from Saga, obviously. It’s the least he deserves. And also Penryn from Angelfall, and last but not least, Dante from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. We really need their faces in currency.
Nicole: Harry Potter.
7. What book would you award the “Ruler of Books” 2016 Prize to?
Isis: I’m going to have to give it to We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson. It’s one of the few releases I read this year, and it was just as good as I imagined.
Nicole: I don’t think I’ve actually read a book that came out in 2016 so I’ll go with which I liked the most so far which is The Secret Life of Bees.